Charleston, WV 25301
Job Description for Housekeeping Room Attendant
JOB TITLE: Room Attendant
REPORTS TO: House Keeping Supervisor
Performs routine duties in cleaning and servicing of guest rooms and baths under supervision of housekeeping supervisor. Room attendant promotes a positive image of the property to guests and must be pleasant, honest, friendly and should also able to address guest requests and problems.
He/She should maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all housekeeping departmental policies/service and the hotel's procedures/standards. Additionally, maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Dusts the room and furniture.
- Cleans the bathroom.
- Replenish amenities according to the operational standards.
- Ensure security of guest rooms and privacy of guests
- Cleans guest bathroom/bedroom/floor corridor.
- Anticipate guests needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Empty trash containers and ashtrays.
- Remove dirty bed linen and make up bed with clean linen.
- Dust and polish all furniture.
- Responsible for following the standard operating procedures.
- Update status of rooms cleaned on assignment sheet.
- Return and restock cart at end of shift.
Physical mobility and stamina required, Ability to follow instruction, Detail-oriented, Professional attitude is required, Ability to work independently.
A secondary school diploma is preferred, Physical mobility and stamina required, Ability to follow instruction, Detail-oriented, Professional attitude is required, Ability to work independently.
Previous hotel-related experience desired.